Thursday, September 16, 2010

Update

My days are running together. I won't go over every detail about what has taken place since my last post. I just wanted to update you all on where we are now. Mom has gone from being somewhat alert but just not that responsive in conversation to not being alert or responsive at all. She no longer eats or drinks, and her pain medicine is given through an IV as she has not been able to swallow a pill for over a week now. Her breathing varies and, at times, she has long pauses in between a series of breaths. That type of breathing may continue for hours and then it changes back to a somewhat normal rhythm. Her blood pressure is extremely low. It is so low that we cannot really get a reading on it. She moans from time to time as if she is in pain. Her temperature spikes on occasion, and we use ice packs to bring it back down. On Sunday, we thought that she might pass within 24 hours, but Mom is still with us. I pray that what we see as suffering is not how she feels. The family is with her everyday. I don't know what I would do without them, especially my aunt. Everyone has been so good to us. I always knew that my Mom was a special lady; I am just realizing that so many others think so, too. Love you all. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment