Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Take My Hand, Precious Lord

At the end of last week, we called in hospice. They have been a blessing and big help to us. These ladies that work at Evergreen Hospice are amazing; they are truly called to do what they do. Mom has really declined since Friday. She is nonresponsive most of the time and is now confined to the bed. We decided to bring in a hospital bed. I don't know how we would make it without it. Mom doesn't seem to be in much pain now, and we pray that continues to be the case. She only eats a little bit every day, and the only thing that seems to work is yogurt, something congealed, or some boost with ice cream. I am just thankful she is eating anything at all. She is starting to have a difficult time swallowing, which makes it difficult to administer medicines and food. With the help of hospice, though, we should be able to find solutions to any problems that may arise.

The family is taking it day by day, trying our best to hold it together and do what we need to do to be there for Mom. We don't know what we would do without our friends and family. We appreciate everything everyone has done so much, even if it simply is a message of love and prayer. We cannot begin to describe how much it means to us. We pray, and we ask that you pray that Mom not suffer any more. We feel that Mom will pass within a couple of weeks. We have been told that she is at a point where she could pass at any time. As much as I want my Mom to live, she isn't really living at this point. Watching her die right before my eyes from a cruel and horrible disease is almost more than I can bare. Thank God, it is not more than He can bare. I cry out to Jesus, and I feel Him right beside me. I know that God is merciful, and I pray that he bestows his mercy upon the most gracious lady I have ever known.

3 comments:

  1. God love you all Kelly..

    BJ Riley-Whisenhant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly I know that your mother loves you more than life itself. You have been the best gift she could have ever recieved. I know how difficult it is to watch someone slip away from you and how helpless you feel. It is hard not to question why this is happening and yet it is only human to question it. The only promise we have is that it is all part of God's plan and one day we will know what that is. You have done a wonderful job keeping everyone informed on your blog site and being a caretaker for Shirley. You have made her proud. I pray that Shirley will have comfort and peace in these final days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I am thinking and praying for you and your mom everyday. May God give your family strength at this time. Please let me know of anything that I may do.

    ReplyDelete