Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In the Hospital

Mom was scheduled for her 8th round of chemo today. With each passing week, her leg and pain get worse. A couple of weeks ago she finally had to give in and use a wheelchair. I know that she really didn't want to, but she had no choice. Today, when the doctor realized the pain she was in, she decided to postpone her 8th round of chemo and do an MRI on the leg. The doctor wanted to admit her into the hospital (Providence in Mobile) to administer a drip of pain meds so that hopefully they can get Mom's pain under control to do the MRI. I hope she is out by Thursday or Friday. I just pray that Mom can get some relief. She has been such a fighter, but I can tell that the pain is taking a toll. She cried when I spoke to her on the phone today. It broke my heart. I will let you all know when I have any more news.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    I am so sorry to know that Shirley is in the Hospital, but hopefully they can give her some relief from her severe pain. I Just wanted you to know that my prayers are with your Mom and also with you and Ron. I know that this has to be a hard time for you. I pray that they will be able to get her pain under control to do the MRI. She really is a fighter.......she has such a strong determination and will. And, has had such a positive attitude. Kelly, please do let us know when you get the results from the MRI and know more about her condition.
    My love and prayers will continue.......and I will Keep Believing.....
    Please give Shirley my love.
    betty

    ReplyDelete