Thursday, March 11, 2010

Treatment Day

It has been some time since my last post so let me get you all updated. Last week, Mom did not feel too well. She had sinus trouble. She went to the doctor, who gave her a shot and a prescription. The medicine helped, but it made her very drowsy. So, she slept alot and didn't have much energy. By Friday, she was feeling better. She and Ron came to stay the weekend with me. She really enjoyed it. We went to the mall for a couple of hours on Saturday and then went out to eat Saturday night. As long as she is up for it and we have some breaks in between, she does pretty good.

Mom has her 3rd round of chemo treatment today. I pray that she continues to handle it as well as she has been. I know she will be tired the next few days following her treatment. We really won't know if the treatment is working until her next PET scan, which should be some time in mid-April. Insurance will only pay for a PET scan every 90 days. Thanks for your continued support and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Shirley,

    Just wanted to let you know that I continue to think of you and keep you in my daily prayers. My prayer is that the upcoming PET scan will let you know that all is going well with the treatment.

    So glad that you were up to spending the weekend with Kelly and getting out and about. I know that you enjoyed your shopping spree at the mall and also going out for dinner Saturday night. That was a nice outing for you and Ron. And, I know you enjoyed your visit with Kelly.

    I look forward to knowing how you are feeling from this treatment and will check for Kelly's next update.

    Shirley, always know that many are praying for you and you are in God's hands. He is the Great Healer and we know there is great power in prayer. My prayer is also that you will feel His presence within every moment.

    May God bless you and keep you in His loving care.
    with much love and prayers for you and Ron,
    betty

    ReplyDelete