Thursday, August 5, 2010

Heartbroken

Mom came home last Thursday. She returned to Mobile on Tuesday for a PET scan. We went back to Mobile today to get the results. The news is not good. The cancer is spreading. The doctor said that we could try a new chemo; however, the doctor also spoke of quality of life. In short, Mom has a decision to make. An impossible decision. Does she take chemo with the hope that it would help some and give her more time or does she reject further treatment and try to make the best of the time she has left? The doctor said that the chemo could wear her down and diminish her quality of life. It is a decision that only Mom can make. Needless to say, we are devastated. Mom has a lot to think about the next few days. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. After this time we need alone as a family, we look forward to hearing from you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi.
    Let Beth and me know what we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words to express what is in my heart for Shirley and all of you. I will continue praying with faith that God will be with her and give her Peace within throughout this "journey".....and we know that only God knows what that journey will be for her. My prayer is that God will help Shirley to make the right choice for herself.

    I will pray that all of you will have a comfort and peace that only comes from Him with accepting Shirley's decision.

    If Shirley would like to talk or if you need me in any way, you know that I am here for her and for all of you. My home telephone number is 578-2598 and my cell phone number is 251-513-6962.

    with my love and prayers,
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and Mrs. Shirley! My heart is breaking for You! I will still keep the faith and Pray for God's Peace and Comfort during yall's journey. Please know that I Love Yall and am here... And Kel when You need me to come home after ur mom makes her decsion I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you and your mom. I love you all dearly and I wish that there was something I could do to help. Kelly I am here if you would like to talk to me. I know you are under a great amount of stress, and you know that I can relate. We were close and I feel distance between us. I wish there was more I could do, but I am not able to do much these days. I just won't you to know that you and Shirley are in my prayers. Please call me if you would like to talk. 251-809-1148 I love you and I will be here for you. I loved talking to your mother when I went by to see her. She makes me feel wonderful and offered me advice even though she has her own problems. Mike McIntyre told me to tell you that he loves you and your mom. He is having a hard time dealing with this to. You should call him. Love you and I am praying, Melissa

    ReplyDelete