Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Update

Well, I didn't update Saturday night like I stated I would. When Mom went to bed at 8:00 p.m., so did I. Mom stayed in bed most of Saturday. She was tired, and I think the nausea medicine makes her drowsy as well. She would wake up to eat something for lunch and dinner and would sit up in bed and chat for about an hour and a half each time. She woke up early Sunday morning.....maybe around 6:30 a.m. She said she was ready to get out of that bed. She has been in her recliner since then. She is trying to not take any nausea medicine today. We ordered her some items from a catalog Mrs. Betty Rigsby brought by the other day. Thanks Mrs. Betty! At Mom's request, I made some more banana pudding. Mom is taking a nap right now in her chair. I think by not taking the nausea medicine today she has not been as sleepy because she has been awake most of the day. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I heard someone with cancer say one time that at first everyone is there for you and then they all disappear. It has been a month since Mom's diagnosis. People are still there for us. I pray that continues. It gives us strength. I have been deeply touched and INSPIRED by others.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    We are inspired by you and your mom. I would encourage you to check out some of the offerings at the Mobile hospitals or the local chapter of the ACS. Here, services like free massages are offered to chemo patients. Your mom might enjoy that, and it might help w/ her headaches. Keep the posts coming.

    Love,
    Jennifer (Wiggins) Summerlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Thank you so much for creating this blog so we can hear from you how your Mom is getting along. You are doing a wonderful job with your posts.
    I am glad to hear that Shirley found some things in the catalog that she could use. You are more than welcome.....just so thankful that I could help in a small way. The online site probably has more to offer for this time of year.
    When Shirley feels a lot stronger from this treatment, I would enjoy visiting with her for a short while. She does need to get as much rest as possible and it is good to know that she is able to get some sleep.
    I continue my prayers daily for Shirley, you, Ron and the family. I pray that God will fill her with His strength to fight this battle and that she will always feel His presence within.
    May God bless and keep you all in His loving care.
    with much love and prayers,
    betty rigsby

    ReplyDelete