Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

The past 3 days have been pretty good for Mom, except for a brief period on Tuesday evening when she got a headache. Fortunately, she was able to keep it at bay with some medicine. No hospital visits required! She has not been as sleepy, and her energy is a little better. She and Ron went for a drive for about 30 minutes on Wednesday. They made a big loop on the big town of Evergreen. She hadn't been out of the house for a week. I know it is is getting old being in the house all the time. I pray that her energy will improve and that she can go and do a little more.
Several people have asked for a list of Mom's favorite foods. I asked Mom what she felt like eating, and she said that she has no clue. I know that people don't want to fix something that she may not like, but Mom is not a picky eater. I am sure she would like most anything someone brings to her. If she doesn't like it, hopefully Ron will! We have to make sure he stays nourished, too. Ha! With all the food they have received, I don't think that is a problem. I was talking with my Aunt Doris today. She has received numerous inquiries about food. It is hard to really say what is needed and when because people have been bringing food by on their own. We never know when someone will show up with something. So, we really can't say when, but I promise I will let you know if they could use some. Aunt Doris said that an idea someone had given her was for a person to not always bring tons of food (an entire meal) at one time. Maybe cook supper and bring Mom and Ron a plate instead of an entire meal. I think that is a great idea. Whatever anyone does is fine and much appreciated. Just thought I would toss it out there. Please continue to pray. Thanks for everything. You really have no idea how much it means to us.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... I am so happy to read this blog about Mrs. Shirley... that is truely a blessing from God to have her feeling better and not having those nasty migraines... U and Kelly B are not far from my thoughts every day and am glad that this blog has been set up.. I only wish i lived closer.. I am going to give yall a call tomorrow so I can hear yalls voices.... I love yall!!

    ReplyDelete