Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super (Bowl) Sunday

Mother has been doing pretty well the past few days. Her energy/strength has improved, but I hope that it continues to improve. It doesn't take much for her to lose the little bit of energy she has. When I got to her house on Saturday to visit, she had makeup on -- the first time she has applied makeup since before going into the hospital in Mobile. She looked so pretty. Soon after my arrival, Mother informed me that she wanted me to make her some banana pudding while I was there. We found the recipe, sent Ron to the store, and prayed. I prayed that God would help me make it good so that she would enjoy it. I know banana pudding is not difficult to fix, but for those of you who may not know, I am no cook. I am so thankful that she didn't give me something challenging to fix. With the good Lord's help, I not only made it edible; it was actually good! If the banana pudding is any clue, Mom's appetite is still good. The cards, food, and prayers continue to come, and I am so grateful to have been raised in a place amongst wonderful people. I never knew how much someone's thoughtful gesture could mean. I always wondered why Mom would bake a pie or make a casserole for someone in a similar situation. Just shows how little I knew. Mom certainly has no energy to go to the grocery store. She occasionally will have the energy to cook something small or prepare something easy. I know that as a wife, she would feel badly if Ron wasn't able to eat decent meals. Thankfully, she doesn't have that concern right now. Through the kindness of others, the Lord has provided! I hope you all are doing well. God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! I am so proud to hear that mom is feeling a bit better!I have wanted to call you and her but sometimes the words we want to say are so hard to find! i have been keeping up with her health through Doris and I as well as the rest of my family continue to pray for you all daily!! You and your mom are not just friends i made in high school, you are a part of my family! I love you both dearly and want you to know that if you need anything or just someone to talk to, i am always available!! God bless you all and I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!! love always kim

    ReplyDelete